Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver
The Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver wirelessly adds highly-accurate GPS to devices, allowing them to be used with apps that require GPS, including apps for aviation, car and marine navigation, golfing, geocaching, hiking, biking and other activities.
This Axxera-branded model has the exact same features and specifications as the popular Dual-branded XGPS150A, available for sale in the US and other countries. The Axxera XGPS150E is a European model as it has the certifications required for electronic devices used in the EU & the UK.
• Certified by Apple to work with all models of the iPad, iPod touch and iPhone devices
• Works with Bluetooth-enabled Android, Blackberry, Windows and OS X devices (Bluetooth SPP required)
• High-sensitivity GPS receiver works with most apps that require GPS
• Rechargeable battery lasts up to 8.5 hours
• USB charging via the included USB cable
• Includes a non-slip dashboard pad for use in a car/on a boat
• Includes an adjustable strap to attach to an arm or a backpack
• Includes cigarette lighter adapter for charging in a car or in an airplane
How it Works
Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver
for iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, and other Bluetooth-enabled smart phones, tablets and laptops
The Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver is very simple to use. There is a quick set up process that includes pairing your device with the Receiver. Once this is done, the Receiver will automatically connect to the device it was last paired with, and you will be able to use it with hundreds of apps that require location information. Click here for compatible apps ideas for the iPod touch and iPhone devices.
The GPS Receiver also comes with a useful GPS Status Tool.app. (Available Free on the iTunes store). The app is a simple utility application for use with the GPS Receiver.The app shows detailed information from the GPS Receiver including:
- Your location (or whether the device is still determining where you are)
- How many satellites the device sees and the signal strength of each satellite
- The battery level of the GPS Receiver, and whether or not it is charging
- Confirmation the GPS Receiver is successfully connected to your iPad/iPod touch/iPhone
The GPS Receiver includes a non-slip pad for use in a car or on a boat. Simply slide the Receiver into the pad to secure it, making sure that the lip of the pad seals over the top edges of the Receiver. The Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver is not waterproof, but it will withstand light splashes when it is seated properly in the non-slip pad.
A two-piece armband is also included for using the Receiver during hiking, geocaching, jogging, cycling and other outdoor activities. Use the armband without the extension to secure the GPS Receiver around the strap of a backpack, handlebar, etc.
Click here to download the product manual
GPS Receiver shown in car, inside the included non-slip pad.
GPS Receiver inside the included armband.
GPS Receiver secured to a backpack with the included armband.
- • High-sensitivity GPS receiver works with most apps that require GPS
- • Wirelessly connects to devices via Bluetooth
- • Rechargeable battery lasts up to 8.5 hours
- • USB charging via the included USB cable
- • Includes a non-slip dashboard pad
- • Includes an adjustable strap to attach to an arm or a backpack
- • Includes 12-28V adapter
- • 65-channel SkyTraq GPS chipset
- • WAAS/EGNOS compatible
- • Accuracy: +/-2.5m (CEP)
- • Fast location acquisition times: under 30 secs (warm or cold start)
- • Position updates: at least once per second
- • Maximum speed: 1000 kts / 1150 mph
- • Maximum altitude: 18,000 m / 59,000 ft
- • Bluetooth range: 33 ft / 10m
- • Full charge lasts for at least 8.5 hours of continuous use
- • Recharges in 2.5 hours
- • Plug in to 12VDC source for continuous use
- • Supports both NMEA and Apple protocols
- • Firmware updateable through USB port
- • Small and light:
- • 2.25” (57 mm) square, 0.75” (19 mm) deep
- • 1.8 ounces / 51 grams
- • Operating temperature: 14˚F - 140˚F (-10˚C - 60˚C)
Visit the XGPS150 FAQ's
page for Frequently Asked Questions, Tips and Troubleshooting
For a list of apps which we’ve downloaded from the iTunes App Store that have been used with the GPS Receiver, visit the XGPS150 Apps